1.08.2011

Changing of the Season

Another season of wishing for a freak snow storm in Ocean Beach is almost past.  Not too late though.  Still a chance right? At least it's not too late for one more winter beer.  Went with a Northern Brewer kit this time, a Peace Coffee Stout Porter Extract Kit.  I feel like I'm cheating a little with everything all nicely measured out for me, but if this is a tasty Stout that looks like this:



I'll get over it.

The kit surprised me... it came with the coffee!  I'll see what it's like.  I am planning to increase the amount of coffee, and maybe add some chocolate too.

Got a head start on Spring as well.  A simple American Wheat kit.  First one in a while that has no specialty grains, so it kind of feels like a step back.  The ladies love a good wheat though, so who am I to question?

Also added a new toy to the mix: a yeast starter kit.  Basically a beaker for doing mad scientist yeast experiments.  The idea is activating the yeast before brewing is better.  Cuts down time till the yeast gets to eating the sugar, keeping bad guys from getting there first.  BWAHHAHAHHAAA!!! (evil mad scientist laugh)

- Holmestarr Brewing Coop

No comments:

Post a Comment